Friday 12 March 2021

One False Move (novel) Robert Goddard

 Can anybody define the difference between a thriller and a mystery story?  I can't and I doubt whether Robert Goddard can either.  I've read quite a lot of his books over the years and whether they should be categorised as mysterious thrillers or thrilling mysteries is still a (pardon the word) mystery to me. A typical Goddard plot is a dizzying switchback of betrayals, disappointments and unexpected conjunctions. The setting, always accurate and detailed,  may be anywhere in the world, at any time in the last couple of hundred years. You may have gathered that I like these books.

This particular specimen is about a young man  whose startling intellectual capacity leads to conflicting  demands for his services.  That much is on the back cover and I'll go no further with the plot.

Like most of Goddard's books this a bottler and I recommend it.

No comments: